Friday, January 16, 2009

Like the mellow rays of the departing sun, it falls tenderly, yet sadly, on the heart.

realising that the week passes so damn fast is freaking the life out of me.

no, I'm serious.

Its killing me,silently.
Monday seemed like it was just yesterday,
and, in a blink of an eye, its Friday already.
Everything seems to be fast-forwarding itself.
there's just so much to do, but so little time.

looking back,
i recalled myself complaining and ranting about how slowly time pass by,
how i wanted to grow up so quickly, how badly i wanted to get out of high school, how desperately i wanted to get into college and so forth.
Why doesn't this feel like it's a dream come true to me?
oh boy! I'm not regretting ,am I?
I'm missing almost everything.
perhaps I wasn't ready for the "goodbyes".
i wasn't ready to step out of my comfort zone.
i just wasn't.

I miss the very first day i stepped foot into school.
I miss the day i fell right into the narrow drain while walking to the school canteen,
I miss the day when i first met my awesome babes.
I miss the time when i fell and broke my front tooth.
I miss the time when my friends and I used to have silly fights.
I miss the mix feelings i had when i first entered into high school.
I miss the joy and anxiety when i had to make new friends all over again.
I miss the times when we would gather together,laughing at the silliest things among ourselves.
I miss those times when we would always be there for each other.
I miss those funny, crazy, extraordinary, interesting times I had with my babes.
I miss all the phone calls and text messages i used to get from my babes.

I'm just missing so much of the old things that sometimes, i would sit and wonder,
"will there be a time when life decides to slow down and rewind itself? is there a possibility?"
stupid thoughts,i know.
but the fact that,
I'll never be able to go through those precious moments once again,hurts me.
I'll never be sixteen again.

No! don't get me wrong now.
I'm not saying that i don't fancy college.
I've got awesome friends, classmates and lecturers.

But, whoever said it was easy to leave those moments behind and live with the present life?

moving on is hard, letting go is worse.



wishing for a miracle.
kisses,
mell.

No comments:

Post a Comment