Monday, April 20, 2009

"Oh! LoOk what caught my attention..."


A pretty interesting article from The Star,indeed.. (:

Confessions of a shopaholic daughter

"DEAR mom and dad, I have a confession.
I haven't exactly been the greatest kid a parent could ask for and i feel that (by publishing this in the papers) is one way to redeem myself.
I have a problem. A serious problem and I do not know how else to deal with it.

I am a SHOPAHOLIC.

I admit I spent your hard-earned money on things I barely need. I admit that I have to buy at least one item from a store before leaving. I admit that when I feel upset, a 'little' shopping spree is all it takes to put me back in a jolly good mood.

I know there are people with far worst addictions, so what is mine in comparison?
Nothing, right?

........................No, not that shopping is bad for your bank account.
More like good parents (thrifty ones in this case) do not always produce good children.

.......One thing was never enough. Regardless of how perennially stylish a black-coloured top was, I'd always end up wanting more.
One handbag in a staple colour was not enough either.

I needed a dozen bags in a dozen colours to suit each and every one of my outfits. "

-extracted from : Starmag, SM 19, Heart and Soul,
Sunday 19 April 2009.-

Doesn't this sounds a tad bit familiar?


and, she concluded with this last sentence,

"Sometimes when I am envious of my friends who shop off their parents' credit cards with no limits at all,
i would tell myself this - money is not easily obtained. You have to work for it and only then will you appreciate its value. "

awwww.
definitely something to learn from,yes? (:

ahhh..
I finally had my mocha frapp.
satisfaction. (:

No comments:

Post a Comment