Tuesday, September 8, 2009

When reality knocks you down..




Just this afternoon, my brother and I were taking the usual route back home from college.
To my dismay, I witnessed a dying dog at the toll just a few minutes away from home, which I believe had been ran over countless times!
In fact, the brown, furry, motionless creature was dead.
Lying along the road, flattened with fractured bones and blood-filled body flooding a portion of the road.
It was a horrifying scene,indeed.

My Brother whizzed by the dead corpse within a split second, while I continue to look on helplessly, until I could see no more.
I watched in silence and horror at the corner of my eye, unable to bear the hideous after-death appearance of the breathless dog.
I was all weak in side, and had silently wished that God would just resurrect the creature.
But, I knew that was never going to happen.

A few things struck me real hard on the head as I rest my heavy head on the pillow upon reaching home.
Life's unfair not only to humans, but animals too.
And, that had become a known reality today.
People have long forgotten the importance of life and relationships,
Unfortunately, we have been drowned by nightmares like these with each passing day.
We, humans have become warm-blooded creatures that are inhumane,heartless,immoral,emotionless and psychotic.
It's really sad to know that the world isn't how it used to be anymore,
so does the people who revolves around it.
and, that's the disappointing truth of reality.

As I close my eyes, and allow my heavy lids to rest,
the death of the stray dog will never leave my mind to rest, ever..


R.I.P, brownie doggie.

I've always been a lil' too Detached with the world.
It's all becoming too superficial now.

No comments:

Post a Comment