Sunday, April 5, 2009

The tears are running dry..



Brushing my fingers through the window pane,
Gazing dreamily at the beautiful piece of artwork,
captured at the perfect moment, when we both look happy,
Drops of rain slowly yet silently interrupting the empty mind,
Memories of grief and joy begin to take over the emptiness,
I recalled the times, when we would cry out to each other,
in desperation of each other's presence,
I missed the midnight calls and sweet text messages we used to have,
oh, I remembered how enthusiastic I would get, by just running those words you once said through my mind,
In my heart, I will always acknowledge how your presence have made a drastic change in my world.
You were the one who brought me out of my cold, lonely and almost heartless world,
You showered me with your kindness and love.
you showed me how to love once again,
your touch, your breath on my skin and the beat of your heart constantly warm my heart, and made me feel belonged and safe.
it was because of you, I slowly learned to open up once more.
And, it was you who taught me how to take my first step and believe that miracles do happen.
But, why are you the one, the one that lifted me up in times of trouble, the one that stretches out your arm to embrace me in times of distress, and also the person I learned to trust and give my heart to, to be the very same person that breaks open the stitches that you've sewn on my heart with your very own pair of hands?
This is it.
The end of our story.
This is why,
fairy tales aren't real,
and, happily-ever-afters never come true.

No comments:

Post a Comment